Saturday, November 7, 2009

For all my friends doing NaNoWriMo


moar funny pictures

 Joy Renee of Joystory came up with this one.  Now that she's gotten it out of her system, she says, she'll be able to continue her forays into fiction.  NaNoWriMo, for those of you who have never heard of it, stands for National Novel Writing Month.  November is the month when thousands and thousands of folks struggle daily with word count because they are attempting to write 50,000 words before November 30th.  Those 50,000 words will be the first draft of a novel.  Yes, really.  They're mad, aren't they?  Umm, and I've done it twice, in 2007 and 2008, succeeding both times in passing the goal before the end of the month.  Last year, however, I got sick on December 4th, mere days past the deadline.  The illness turned out to be congestive heart failure, so I decided not to pressure myself this year.

4 comments:

Kailana said...

That's cute! I am not doing NaNo WriMo. I don't know how people do it to be truthful!

Ellen D. said...

Thanks for thinking of us, Bonnie. However, there is NOTHING I'd rather be doing than getting in my words for the day...not easy...and here I am instead of 'working'.

Bookfool said...

Hahaha! And, yeah. I've been looking for things to do instead of write. I think I hate my story.

Bonnie Jacobs said...

"I decided not to pressure myself this year."

Did I actually say that just four days ago? I hate to eat my words so soon after saying them, but the fact of the matter is that ... um ... I'm in, after all. The very next day I wrote this:

http://nanowrimo-2009.blogspot.com/2009/11/im-little-late-starting.html

I realized I was already writing, it just wasn't a novel. Technically, it doesn't HAVE to be a novel. That means I might as well do a word count, if I'm writing those words anyway. Sigh.