Saturday, August 25, 2007

The Google meme

This is how the Google meme works:

(1) Go to http://www.google.com/
(2) Click on Google images
(3) Type in your name and search
(4) Repost the picture of the oddest, craziest, strangest, coolest, oldest, etc. person that shares your name. Post multiples if you find a few you like.


FIRST Bonnie Jacobs
Bonnie F. Jacobs is Assistant Professor and Chairman of the Environmental Science Program at Southern Methodist University. She attended the University of Arizona where she received both her MS and PhD from the Department of Geosciences. Her research interests include paleobotanical study of East African and North American Cenozoic deposits, with a focus on paleovegetation and paleoclimate reconstruction. Current field areas include Tanzania, Kenya, Ethiopia, and New Mexico.



SECOND Bonnie Jacobs
Rod and Bonnie Jacobs are the owners of NorthWest Limousine Service in Wenatchee, Washington.










THIRD Bonnie Jacobs
Bonnie Jacobs holds a board while John Basche cuts it and Ray Strenski looks on Saturday at the Resurrection Parish Habitat for Humanity Faith Build in northeast Green Bay, Michigan. Bonnie Jacobs said she got involved because she thought it would be nice to help the parish and the community. "It's fun," she said. "It's kind of a challenge with all this mud. My husband was here yesterday and he had a great time. I couldn't be here then, but today I came along."



FOURTH Bonnie Jacobs

Click on her photo to enlarge it and read about her.



FIFTH Bonnie Jacobs
This Bonnie Jacobs wears a lot of hats:

(1) Deputy Regional Director, Southwest Region of the Young Democrats of America
(2) President, Clark County Young Professional Democrats
(3) Member-at-Large, Nevada State Democratic Party Executive Board
(4) Member-at-Large, Young Democrats of America’s Budget Committee
(5) professional paralegal by trade at a very well respected law firm
And she says, "First and foremost, I live in Fabulous Las Vegas! I have also lived in Orlando, Daytona Beach and Phoenix. I love to travel and visit Washington, D.C. as often as possible. I have also recently been to Philadelphia and San Francisco. America is such a beautiful country, and there are so many places to visit!"
AND this Bonnie Jacobs has a website using "our" name: http://www.bonniejacobs.com/ You'll have to click there to see her photo, which I could NOT copy. Her newer blog is called "Bonnie's Blog" located here: http://bjinlv.com/



SIXTH Bonnie Jacobs
This is what I found out about Bonnie Setliffe Jacobs:
First: Bonnie Setliffe Jacobs is the Pastor of Signal Mountain UMC since 1992.
Second: I found out that I'm retired. Guess which one is correct? Somebody forgot to change "pastor of Signal Mountain United Methodist Church" when I retired after ten years there. Should I tell you all about me? Why not?

Education:
Master's degree in theology, M.Div. (Master of Divinity), Candler School of Theology at Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia, 1987.
Bachelor's degree with a double major (in philosophy/religion and in English), B.A., University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, 1975.
Intern Chaplain, Piedmont Hospital, Atlanta, Georgia, 1985-1986.
Pastor:
Signal Mountain United Methodist Church, Chattanooga District, 1992-2002.
Economy United Methodist Church, Morristown District, 1991-1992.
Mount Pleasant United Methodist Church, Morristown District, 1991-1992.
Forrest Avenue United Methodist Church, Chattanooga District, 1987-1991.
Assistant Pastor:
Bonanza UCC Church, Jonesboro, Georgia, 1985-1986.
Other jobs I've had:
Adjunct, teaching Religions of the World at Chattanooga State.
Owner of Book Buddies, a used book store.
Training consultant in my own company, Wordsmith, Chattanooga.
Management trainer, Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA), Knoxville.
Editor of two in-house publications, TVA, Chattanooga.
Planner for Hamilton County CETA program, Chattanooga.
Assistant librarian, Baylor School, Chattanooga.
Freelance writer, published locally, nationally, and internationally.
Book reviewer for Chattanooga News Free Press.
Stay-at-home-mom of three children.
Clerk, ordering merchandise for Sears, Roebuck.
File clerk, National Teachers Agency, Chattanooga.

11 comments:

Bonnie Jacobs said...

Colleen's comment (on the next post down) says: "But which one is our Bonnie Jacobs?! I did my name and most of the images are actually me or photos I have used on my blog. I had already discovered by googling my name that there is another Colleen Redman who writes on topics that I might have written about, which is kind of spooky."

Which is OUR Bonnie Jacobs? The last one (#6) is the Bonnie Jacobs I know. And don't those others sound interesting? I wonder what it would feel like to meet them all together in one place. What would we call each other?

MorahMommy said...

This was very interesting. But I looked through 49 pages and I wasn't in one of them!

Michele sent me.

Unknown said...

That's one helluva resume! Now, will the real Bonnie Jacob's please stand up! ;-)

Heather said...

wow!

and thank you for the comments on my blog; I do love to read and write, and spent this summer doing just that. I'm about to start divinity school here at YDS, and hope to pursue a PhD in English literature after that, studying it from a theological perspective.

I really liked your poem, btw. Great meeting you, and I look forward to ongoing discussion!

Stephanie said...

Very cool!!

Anonymous said...

I like how you did this MEME. You are very interesting.

Anonymous said...

Came across this today, and I had to blog about it. LOL! I'm curious about the Pharmaceutical PR Bonnie Jacobs. I didn't see her on the list of "us." But I never found the other BJs when I googled, either. Glad to know that I've accomplished so many things. :)

Bonnie Jacobs said...

Hello, Bonnie Jacobs. From your comment, it sounds like you are one of these I found on Google, but which one? Use a number, if you come back. I clicked on your name to go to a profile, but was told it doesn't exist.

Bonnie Jacobs said...

Found it! You are #5, but you no longer live in Vegas. Here's her blog, newer again:
http://bjinlv.com/2007/09/27/omg-freaky/#respond

Anonymous said...

Actually, I do still live in Las Vegas. Maybe you found something about one of my former addresses? I think I'm done with my moving around for now, but still travel frequently. When I was googling myself last night, I also found a webpage that had a list of 100 of "us" but I saw myself there a few times with my old addresses. If I find it again, I'll send you the link.

kenju said...

WOW, Bonnie, you found a whole host of them!!

I know there are at least two others; one in Chicago and one in Florida, but I haven't found a way to contact either of them.

Thanks for the visit and comment and the link to this post! Happy New Year.