Friday, August 31, 2007

Genesis Revisited ~ by Zecharia Sitchin, 1990

What a surprise yesterday to check on Colleen's Loose Leaf Notes, as I do every day, and see that the first item in her Thursday Thirteen was this:
Will Planet X collide with earth and tip it on its axis? After watching 60 Minutes last week and seeing the rate that the Antarctic icebergs are melting, I’m more worried about the reality of that than a bump from a possible planet knocking us out of existence.
In the wee hours of yesterday morning I finished reading Zecharia Sitchin's 1990 book Genesis Revisited: Is Modern Science Catching Up with Ancient Knowledge, about Nibiru. However, the book's take on Nibiru was different from what's in the YouTube clip. And I thought, "Okay, after 17 years Sitchin may also have a different view." But how interesting that Colleen posted this video on the day I'm pondering the very same thought.

I'm very interested in global warming, but I also wonder about Planet X (Roman numeral X = 10). Sitchin thinks the return of Nibiru to our inner solar system will be like "the gods" revisiting our planet after the long trip around the sun ... OUR sun ... because he thinks it is the 10th planet in our solar system. He was counting, of course, Pluto which is no longer officially a planet. What do I make of that? I don't know, but I'm thinking about it. And I'll probably read more about it. Before this, I also read and reviewed Worlds in Collision by Immanuel Velikovsky, which has a similar theme.

I can't help wondering how the Second Edition has changed, especially since this blurb from the publisher doesn't indicate any change that I can see:
Was Adam the first test-tube baby? Did nuclear fission destroy Sodom and Gomorrah? How were the ancients able to accurately describe details about our solar system that are only now being revealed by deep space probes? The awesome answers are all here, in this important companion volume to The Earth Chronicles series. Having presented evidence of an additional planet as well as voluminous information about the other planets in our solar system, Zecharia Sitchin now shows how the discoveries of modern astrophysics, astronomy, and genetics exactly parallel what has already been revealed in ancient texts regarding the "mysteries" of alchemy and the creation of life. Genesis Revisited is a mind-boggling revelation sure to overturn current theories about the origins of humankind and the solar system.
Oh, yeah, this book was fascinating to read. Rated: 9/10, excellent book.
____________________

I also wonder what would happen if all humans disappear. The post below, from The New York Times, has one man's speculation about what would happen to the earth without us. I think I'll go now and order The World without Us by Alan Weisman.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard an interview on NPR with the guy who wrote the book on what the earth would be like without us. It was fascinating!

I don't understand why Pluto got demoted. I do recall hearing about a new planet being found a few years back. And then that was all I heard about it. What does the mainstream say? Why don't they cover it?

I'm typing this in the dark outside of Asheville in front of a closed cafe that gets wireless.

Bonnie Jacobs said...

Why don't the mainstream presses cover new planets? Because it is not ACCEPTED science, because it is not what our leaders want us to know, because ... who knows?

What, pray tell, are you doing in the dark outside of Asheville in front of a closed cafe? Colleen, you are a fascinating person and I'd love to be hanging out with you, even there, even in the dark. A wonderful metaphor, by the way ... lol.

Jennifer said...

Hola Bonnie and Colleen!

I was watching this series The Universe on the History (possibly Discovery) Channel this summer. The episode about the outer plants had a really good explanation about why Pluto was demoted from being a planet (still seems really weird to me to only have 8 planets now) as well as about the "new planet" discovered a few years ago. The "new planet" is void as a planet for the same reasons that Pluto was and there were also a lot of other things that would be called planets beyond them if Pluto and the "new planet" had stayed planets.

If you have an interest in astronomy, the series is fascinating. It's just started being rerun, too.

Bonnie Jacobs said...

Information from the article linked below was taken from The Anunnaki of Nibiru: Mankind’s Forgotten Creators, Enslavers, Destroyers, Saviors, and Hidden Architects of the New World Order by Gerald R. Clark.

http://themindunleashed.org/2015/01/look-origins-mankind-explain-evolutions-missing-link.html