UPDATED: See updates in red below.
Also, Grace said we can see all the blogging tips HERE.
Stephanie at Confessions of a Book-a-holic has tagged me with the Blogging Tips Meme, which actually has some helpful blogging tips we can all use. Ready? Here we go!
It’s very simple. When this is passed on to you, copy the whole thing, skim the list and put a * star beside those that you like. (Check out especially the * starred ones.)
Add the next number (1. 2. 3. 4. 5., etc.) and write your own blogging tip for other bloggers. Try to make your tip general.
After that, tag 10 other people. Link love some friends!
Just think - if 10 people start this and the 10 people pass it on to another 10 people, you have 100 links already!
1. Look, read, and learn. *** http://www.neonscent.com/
2. Be EXCELLENT to each other. ** http://www.bushmackel.com/
3. Don’t let money change ya! * http://www.therandomforest.info/
4. Always reply to your comments. ***** http://chattiekat.com/
5. Link liberally — it keeps you and your friends afloat in the Sea of Technorati. * http://chipsquips.com/
6. Don’t give up - persistence is fertile. * http://www.velcro-city.co.uk/
7. Give link credit where credit is due. *** http://www.sfsignal.com/
8. Pictures say a thousand words and can usually add to any post. ** http://scifichick.com/
9. Visit all the bloggers that leave comments for you - it's nice to know who is reading! * http://stephaniesbooks.blogspot.com/
10. Thrown in something humorous occasionally, to keep things fun. http://bonniesbooks.blogspot.com/
Time to pass it on, so here are my 10 links ... with a spare in case one of the others isn't able to do this. By the way, folks, you are all #1 in my book!
1. AbVan at Absolute Vanilla ...(& Atyllah)
UPDATED: Absolute Vanilla's tip = Blog for yourself and your own pleasure, because you want to - if it stops being fun, stop blogging.
UPDATED: Absolute Vanilla said: "And I'm going to add to more, just because I can! Extra tips = Blogging is a multimedia environment, use the media to enliven your blog - words, images, video, music but ... stick to good design rules and remember that less is more.
1. Colleen at Loose Leaf Notes
1. Dewey at the hidden side of a leaf
1. Jenn at Something to Say
1. Jill at The Magic Lasso
UPDATED: Jill's tip = Sometimes, less is more. Step back and look at your blog - is it too busy? Are there enough pictures to make it interesting? Think about how a visitor would perceive your blog - making it visitor-friendly will help get you return visits.
1. Karen at Verbatim
1. Lisa at Books. Lists. Life.
UPDATED: Lisa's tip = "When picking the URL for your blog, think short and easy. You'll be typing it a million times."
1. Michelle at http://3m3am.wordpress.com/
UPDATED: 3M's tip = Do at least a few of the blogging quizzes available. It lets people know a little more about you.
1. Nancy at Bookfoolery and Babble
1. Susan at Patchwork Reflections
UPDATED: Susan's tip = "Put it before them briefly so they will read it, clearly so they will appreciate it, picturesquely so they will remember it and, above all, accurately so they will be guided by its light." — Joseph Pulitzer (1847-1911)
1. Wendy at Caribousmom
UPDATED: Wendy's tip = Make it easy for your readers - use tags and labels and keep it simple!
Have fun! I intend to follow this meme and find out what other wonderful ideas and suggestions you ten ... uhm, eleven ... have to offer.
Oops! Wait! I have linked liberally, responded to Stephanie's comment by doing this meme, visited all of you to set up all these links (and am planning to go back to tell you I've tagged you), had fun doing this ... but ... but ... but I forgot to use a picture to say another thousand words! Aiiiiieeee! Okay, I'm adding a picture now. There! See it to the right? It's a ... wait, let me see what I clicked on ... it's a purple hyacinth! Yay! Umm, you DO see the relevence, don't you?