Saturday, July 7, 2007

Saturday Review of Books Reading Challenge



My third challenge! Read six of the books that have been linked to reviews at the Saturday Review of Books in the past year. Read the six books by December 31, 2007, review them at your blog, and leave a link to your reviews at the Saturday Review of Books.


My choices:
1. Animal, Vegetable, Miracle ~ by Barbara Kingsolver
2. The Children's Blizzard ~ by David Laskin
3. The Memory Keeper's Daughter ~ by Kim Edwards
4. One Thousand White Women ~ by Jim Fergus
5. The Seven Daughters of Eve ~ by Bryan Sykes
6. The Thirteenth Tale ~ by Diane Setterfield


Alternates:
7. Dreaming in Cuban ~ by Cristina GarcĂ­a
8. Lost Geography ~ by Charlotte Bacon
9. Secret River ~ by Kate Grenville
10. Speak ~ by Laurie Halse Anderson
11. The Time Traveler's Wife ~ by Audrey Niffenegger

4 comments:

Dewey said...

Ooh, ooh! Three books I love and one I want to read! I'll be looking forward to your reviews of those.

Stephanie said...

I loved One Thousand White Women! With the diary format, it was so....intimate. I thought it was excellent!

Sherry said...

I'm glad you're in, and it looks as if ou've icked some great books to read. I especially found The Children's Blizzard to be fascinating.

Becky said...

I look forward to reading your reviews.