Wednesday, August 15, 2007

What American accent do you have?

Neutral

You're not Northern, Southern, or Western, you're just plain American. Your national identity is more important than your local identity, because you don't really have a local identity. You might be from the region which is defined by this kind of accent, but you could easily not be. Or maybe you just moved around a lot growing up.

Personality Test Results

Click Here to Take This Quiz
Brought to you by YouThink.com quizzes and personality tests.


Hmmm, no, I have lived all my life in the South. Except for three years in Atlanta, I've lived in Tennessee my whole life. However, I have studied languages and once made a conscious effort to enunciate clearly and carefully so I didn't sound so "Southern" until I decided a decade or so ago that ... hey! ... I am Southern! Maybe it was too late for the South to claim my accent? Hmmm, but my non-Southern friends comment on my drawl. Maybe I simply speak my neutral accent very ... s l o w l y ?

Stephanie, I need your feedback here!

4 comments:

CJ said...

Wait. You can't have a neutral accent. No one who lives in the south has a neutral accent!

cjh

Bonnie Jacobs said...

I'm not the one who said that word neutral ... the quiz did ... lol. Where do you live, CJ? Did you take the quiz?

Susan Tidwell said...

I took it, and I am neutral also!

It was good to meetcha in person yesterday, Bonnie!

Bonnie Jacobs said...

And we sound perfectly normal, don't we? It was good to meet you, too.