Friday, July 12, 2024

Beginning ~ with a blue cat

Beginning

I see the Blue Cat and at night when I dream I've become the Blue Cat.  The two of us are one, which is how I am able to tell this story.

The Blue Cat and the River's Song ~ by Pamela Hayes Rehlen, 2008, historical fiction, 134 pages

The immortal Blue Cat must sing the river's song and search for a hearth in this haunting story about the past of a little Vermont town.

I looked up "blue cat" and found this photo in a comment on Quora, HERE.  The person wrote:  "It's actually a way to describe a cat's grey coat that has a certain silver-blueish sheen.  It's a subtle shade, not a pop of color you'd find in a Crayola box."

1 comment:

Literary Feline said...

My Gracie has been referred as a long haired Russian Blue (or Nebelung), although I am unsure of her actual background. She has the coloring though. The Blue Cat and the River's Song sounds like an interesting book! I will have to check it out. Thank you for sharing, Bonne!