Thursday, June 6, 2024

Booking Through Thursday ~ once again

BTT used to be a thing, but it seems to have ended in 2017.
I've decided to feature whatever books I choose on Thursdays.

The All of It ~ by Jeannette Haien, 2011, literary fiction (Ireland), 145 pages
This award-winning novel relates the seemingly simple tale of a parishioner confiding in her priest, but the tangled confession brings secrets to light that provoke a moral quandary for not only the clergyman, but for the reader as well.  Set in a small town in Ireland, is a subtle tale of morality and passion that gives voice to an age-old concern in a fresh way, according to the New York Times Book Review.

At Her Age ~ by Marian Novick, 1985, historical fiction (Florida and New York), 258 pages (353 pages in large print)

Seventy-five-year-old Molly Vorobey escapes the boring life of a Florida senior citizens' home and travels to New York, but after a mugging leaves her penniless, she moves into her grandson's Columbia University dorm.

I'm this old

And one little extra question for us old folks.  Why?  Because "I'm this old."  I still have some of these with coins and small stuff in them.  Do you know what these items are?  No, they are not book-related.

1 comment:

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I seem to remember reading The All of It. I was so curious that I checked Goodreads. Yes, I read it in 2002. I gave it four stars, but I didn't write up much of a review. Sigh.