Sunday, June 2, 2024

A mystery and a couple of books about dogs

Fatal Fruitcake
: A Callahan Garrity Mystery ~ b
y Mary Kay Andrews (pen name of Kathy Hogan Trocheck), 2012, short mystery (Georgia), 15 pages, 9/10
Atlanta cleaning lady/private detective Callahan Garrity returns from a long hiatus in this short story to track down the source of a killer fruitcake — and in the process discovers that some forms of Christmas spirit really can be lethal.  Also included with this short story is Mary Kay Andrews' personal recipe for a not-so-fatal fruitcake
After writing my post for Darwin's Dogs for Thursday (HERE), I put that book on a stack of books nearby.  It took a few days before I noticed that Thurber's Dogs was in that same pile of books.  A blog search revealed that I'd written about Thurber's Dogs last summer (HERE), but had apparently never finished it.  So I added it to my reading stack.

Deb at Readerbuzz hosts The Sunday Salon.

3 comments:

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I have The Thurber Carnival in my Classics Club stack. Summer seems like an ideal time to read this collection; summer also seems like a great time to read some wonderful dog stories. Enjoy, Bonnie!

Helen's Book Blog said...

My mother makes 2 fruitcakes every Christmas: one for my dad to eat around the holidays and one for his birthday in January. We always helped to stir so we could make a holiday wish.

shelleyrae @ book'd out said...

I hope you enjoy finishing Thurber’s Dogs

Wishing you a happy reading week