Sunday, February 25, 2024

Lots of advice today, plus a book on communicating

Looking through my box of greeting cards recently, I found four "advice" cards:  Advice from a Polar Bear, Advice from a Penguin, Advice from a Glacier, and Advice from a Sea Turtle.  (Hmm, the first three are rather icy, aren't they?)

Anyway, I decided to post something here about advice and decided to look for a picture online.  That's when I found "a million" things offering advice, both animate and inanimate.

My favorite was the one above from a cat.  Why?  Because it's a black cat and reminds me of Clawdia.  Oh, I just noticed my favorite word in there!  See that word "joy" near the bottom?  Cat plus joy, so naturally it must to be purr-fect advice for me.  I decided to pick some advice to share in a post.

Advice from 
I like "2B or not 2B" on this #2 pencil, so I'll start here.
  • Advice from a Pencil ~ know when to draw the line
  • Advice from a Bicycle ~ know when to put the brakes on.
  • Advice from a Polar Bear ~ keep it cool.
  • Advice from a Pumpkin ~ be well-rounded.
  • Advice from a Cardinal ~ it's okay to be a little flashy.
  • Advice from a Tree ~ remember your roots.
Oh, I like this tree's advice, so here's the whole picture:


The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love That Lasts   by Gary Chapman, 2010, communication, 263 pages.    Marriage should be based on love, but does it seem as though you and your spouse are speaking two different languages?  Here's how to identify, understand, and speak your spouse's primary love language:  quality time, words of affirmation, gifts, acts of service, or physical touch.  Discover your unique love language and learn practical steps in truly loving each other.  Each chapter ends with specific, simple steps to express a specific language and guide your marriage in the right direction.
Deb at Readerbuzz hosts the Sunday Salon

1 comment:

Helen's Book Blog said...

I love that concept of advice from....

My love language is definitely touch. I like to be physically near those that I care about.