Friday, February 2, 2024

I'm wearing RED today

National Wear Red Day is the first Friday in February.  That's today, so I'm wearing red.  People wear red on this day to show their support for the awareness of heart disease.

Why focus on hearts today?  Because February is American Heart Month.  Join me in wearing red today to bring greater attention to heart disease as a leading cause of death for Americans.  Let me know in the comments, if you do it.

And we wear red on National Wear Red Day to raise awareness about the #1 killer of women.  Crown Center is having a special Coffee Break from 9:30 to 11:00 a.m. with heart-healthy breakfast foods.  I hope to see you there.  Wearing red, of course!

Another coincidence to share with you.  When I had quadruple heart bypass in 2009, the date was February 19th.  February!  Heart bypass in the middle of heart month!  The hospital gave me a big red HEART pillow to hug.  It's a big pillow, similar to this one.  When I hug it, the pillow sticks out beyond my shoulders on both sides.  I still have it, and it's RED, so I may take that pillow with me to the Coffee Break.

1 comment:

Helen's Book Blog said...

A very good reason for wearing red. We are lucky in my family that no one (that I know of) has heart issues.