Tuesday, August 15, 2023

My little Clawdia is getting smaller

Clawdia asleep, the day after I learned that she is suffering from renal (kidney) failure and losing weight.  Now she needs to eat special food that costs about three times as much as the regular cat food.  This diagnosis also explains why she has become a lap cat, wanting to be petted and held:  she's feeling miserable.  She now weighs a bit less than she did when I got her, when she was very underweight and looked emaciated.
This is a sad TWOsday, since the second person in our household of TWO is not well.

1 comment:

Jinjer-The Intrepid Angeleno said...

Oh I'm sorry to hear that about sweet Clawdia. I once had two cats with that at the same time and, although they were QUITE old, it just so happened to coincide with that pet food that was poisoning animals. I forget the details but I always wondered if it was their age or the food that caused their sudden kidney issues. I'll never know.

Anyway, I hope your kitty is feeling better and whoever else you said is doing poorly.