Sunday, August 29, 2021

My reading and some of my great-grands

Ten-year-old Jaxon wants to be a PARAMEDIC/FIREMAN when he grows up.

Seven-year-old Shelby wants to be a VET when she grows up.

Four-year-old Shiloh wants to be a DOCTOR when she grows up.

These great-grandkids of mine are independent thinkers.  Their favorite colors?  Pink for him, blue for both girls!  Their mom said, "You can't make this up."

What I'm reading ~ Fiction
Never Mind! : A Twin Novel ~ by Avi and Rachel Vail, 2004, young adult fiction
What I'm reading ~ Nonfiction
Inside Animal Hearts and Minds: Bears That Count, Goats That Surf, and Other True Stories of Animal Intelligence and Emotion ~ by Belinda Recio, 2017, nonfiction
Book I may read next
The Inevitable: Contemporary Writers Confront Death ~ edited by David Shields and Bradford Morrow, 2011, psychology
Deb Nance at Readerbuzz hosts The Sunday Salon.
Bloggers gather in the Sunday Salon — at separate computers in different time
zones — to talk about our lives and our reading.

10 comments:

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

Look at those beautiful faces of your great-grands. Their aspirations give me hope for the future. When all you see is the incessantly brutal news, the world seems bleak.

Inside Animal Hearts and Minds sounds fascinating. I will look for this one.

And The Inevitable sounds intriguing, too. That one may be a little more difficult to find.

I hope you have a lovely week, Bonnie.

Mae Travels said...

Your little ones are very cute. How nice to get to know the third generation down! My poor mother never even met her grandchildren!

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Tee said...

Your grands are so cute

Here is my link:
maefood.blogspot.com

Tee said...

LOL wrong link sorry..
https://twogirlsandtheirbookishlife.blogspot.com/2021/08/sunday-salon-diningroom-is-finished.html

Tee said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Elza Reads said...

Oh my gosh Bonnie! Your great grand kids are lovely. How blessed you are!

Have a good week ahead and happy reading!

Elza Reads

Bonnie Jacobs said...

These three are just half of my great-grandchildren. I have three more, and only two of my seven grandchildren have married so far.

Bonnie Jacobs said...

Deb, my library has The Inevitable, but I got it for my Kindle when it was on sale (I get BookBub and Bookperk notifications). I don't remember what it cost, but not much.

Gretchen said...

Your great-grandchildren are beautiful!

All of your books sound interesting.

Have a great week!

Helen's Book Blog said...

I love the boards that each child has; it's such a great way to remember what they liked about each year and to compare. They will love these photos when they are older! And how wonderful that they get to go to school in person. I am sure that makes everyone happy.