Wednesday, June 17, 2020

What we say and what we do

Words matter

People who cannot get out and march have been putting Black Lives Matter signs in their yards.  Some people in my town have been putting signs like this in their yards.  And some of us, who are still staying at home, are putting pictures of signs on our blogs.  We do what we can and what we feel may make a difference.

Masks matter
A hair stylist in Missouri was diagnosed with covid-19 in late
May, and she ended up directly exposing 84 customers who had
sat just inches from her face for up to 30 minutes each.  She had symptoms, but wore a face mask; salons were one of the few places where people were required to wear them.  Because of that, health officials say, none of her customers was infected. 
The result appears to be one of the clearest real-world examples of the ability of masks to slow the spread of the coronavirus.
Read more in a Washington Post article.  This pandemic has changed the way we think, and I think I'll be wearing masks for a long time, even if others around me choose to toss them when things open up.  Since I'm 80 years old, I feel safer around people wearing their masks.

1 comment:

Helen's Book Blog said...

It's all about the masks. I just don't understand why people won't wear them. So frustrating. I do love the sign that you included!