Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Covidiot and masticate ~ TWOsday words

Most of you have probably never, ever heard this word spoken.  But I have.  Repeatedly.  My Aunt Bonnie, known to my siblings and me as Auntie, used this word so often that I laughed when I saw this pun.

Word of the Day #1
mas·ti·cate / ˈmastəˌkāt / verb = chew (food).  Example:  "He bit off more than he could masticate."
Word of the Day #2
Covidiot = Someone who ignores the warnings regarding public health or safety.  A person who hoards goods, denying them from their neighbors.  Examples:  "Did you see that covidiot with 300 rolls of toilet paper in his basket?" and "That covidiot is hugging everyone she sees."
I saw "Covidiot" for the first time yesterday and found the definition in the Urban Dictionary.  People who are crowding back into bars right now are "Covidiots."  I'll have to remember this word because it is so perfect.  Did I really need to define it for you?

No comments: