Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Two eggs on TWOsday

I drove a neighbor to her doctor's appointment yesterday afternoon.  Beside the sign-in sheet was this basket of eggs (yes, I know Easter is past).  The sign says:  "Please take one Egg-Blessing especially for you."  Words with the two pictures say:
Left ~ "Each day is a blessing from God."
Right ~ "It is better to give than to receive."
I chose a green plastic egg for myself while Marilyn answered the receptionist's questions.  Inside my green egg (makes me think of Sam-I-am from the book Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss) was a folded slip of paper with these words:

Egg-Specially for you

"God is with you no
matter what life brings."
Joshua 1:9

After she had signed in, I showed my egg to Marilyn.  She was wearing purple, so one of those purple eggs went home with her.  I don't have her insert, which was long and started with "The Lord bless you and keep you."  But there you have it:  two eggs on TWOsday.

1 comment:

Helen's Book Blog said...

A nice idea to give people a boost just before going into the doctor!