Saturday, June 1, 2013

Caturday ~ cool cat

Yesterday evening, I discovered our air conditioner doesn't seem to be working.  This morning, our apartment complex will be having a community yard sale, from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.  Yesterday, the folks in the office sent around notes to all residents that it will be held "in front of the playground, dog park, picnic area, and maintenance shed," all of which are beyond the farthest building from our building.  That means we'll have to hike a block to get there, going back and forth several times to haul stuff from our apartment.  It's supposed to be hot.  Are you beginning to get the picture?  I hope looking at this cool cat will help this afternoon, because I'm sure I'll be sweaty or else I'll forego hauling the heavier stuff over there.  Oh, and did I mention there's a chance of rain?

Full disclosure:  Yes, I'm still working on the Mindful Monday thing about trying not to be negative.  It isn't working today.

That link to the first Mindfulness Monday reminds me, the folks in the office still can't spell or don't use spellcheck.  The two most recent notes to residents include these lines:
"Reserve a table before it's to late."  (too)
"If you have any questions_ please concact the office" (comma, contact)
Yes, it bothers me that people can't spell or punctuate correctly — or maybe they don't bother to glance over their writing for typos.  Yes, it's okay if you point out any typos or errors I make, even though I don't plan to tell whoever sent out these notes.

No comments: