Monday, June 10, 2013

Monday Mindfulness ~ a bird in the bush

For this Mindful Moment, pause to take in the world.  Look up from the screen to see what's going on around you.  Yes, right now.

Glancing out the window, I see a bird in the bush chattering away loudly to someone or something beyond my sight.  Loudly.  Maybe she wants me to fill the empty bird feeder in front of the window.  While I have been lost in the words I post on my blog, this little bird has been busy searching for something to eat.  (Notice that I've put myself in the bird's "shoes," so to speak.)  I am now aware of her existence and consider that she may be searching for food.

I could be mistaken in my guess, but what's wrong with experiencing a bit of the world from her perspective?

2 comments:

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Love this post. Thoughtful. I left you a fun response to your comment on Book Journey today:)

Emily said...

The birds in my yard are singing, gathering nesting material and worms. Busy Busy Busy