Friday, December 31, 2010

David's a wonderful son


David's working on my car's loose gears while waiting for the alternator to arrive at the parts store.  The round thing among his tools is the old alternator, already out and awaiting replacement.  "Maxine," my car, is a 1983 Datsun Maxima, manufactured a year before Nissan started making the Maxima.


My deepest fear is that the car won't be ready to meet Jenn when she rolls through town.  At this very moment, David's on his way to pick up the alternator, and I'm making him a baked potato for lunch.  Just heard from Jenn, who'll be here within an hour and a half.

3 comments:

Helen's Book Blog said...

You are so lucky to have a handy son! No one, and I repeat no one, in my family is handy.

Bonnie Jacobs said...

Jenn rolled through town by coming to my house! She and her husband and younger son arrived just as David was leaving, so they got to meet. Jenn, a great photographer, took pictures, so I'll post them after she puts them on Facebook. What a day! Now to get ready to go out to eat with three neighbors in less than an hour.

Bonnie Jacobs said...

Today, someone's Saturday Sanpshot was of her new car. She was still deciding what to call the car, so I left this comment:

"I have a 1983 Datsun Maxima (that's the year BEFORE the Nissan Maximas). I call her Maxine, but my son (who had bought it originally for his son) said it's definitely a Max. I beg to differ!"