Thursday, July 22, 2010

Backup your blog

Susan of Patchwork Reflections sent an email to friends, asking us, "Has anyone tried to back up their blog?  I have researched several ways to do it, but have not gotten around to it yet... Any advice or experience shared would be great!"

I replied, "No, but now I'm curious.  Will you share whatever you find out?  I'd be ever so grateful."

She responded to me, "You have so much info online, it would be bad if blogger had a hiccup and lost it all, but maybe I am being paranoid?  It sounds like there are several options out there, once I get them all together will certainly let you know."

She's right!  I have more than one blog, thus lots and lots of stuff posted.  I'd hate to lose it all.

This morning Susan posted the answer(s) on her blog as "the backup plan."  You should go read it.

5 comments:

June said...

I'm the one using Scrapbook, but think I might look into Blurb...

Susan Tidwell said...

Thanks Bonnie, hope you find something you can use for all your many blogs!

Helen's Book Blog said...

If you use blogger it's really easy: Settings--Export blog

Bonnie Jacobs said...

Thanks, Helen. I didn't know that.

Marg said...

Helen beat me to it, but yes, Blogger is very easy to back up. I tend to back up once every month or so. Good thing is that the back up includes comments as well.