Thursday, January 10, 2008

Other Goose ~ by Barbara Klunder

I found a book! (Like I expect you to be surprised, huh?) Other Goose: Recycled Rhymes for Our Fragile Times was written and illustrated by Barbara Klunder, a Toronto artist. Did you get the humor of the title, huh, huh? Left out the "M" to get OTHER. Okay, so I like words and playing with words. A tiny taste:
Humpty Dumpty
Had a great lake.
Humpty Dumpty
Made a mistake.
All the king's chemicals
All the king's waste
Went into the lake,
For goodness' sake!
I found this on the blog of a Toronto homeschooler and I cannot find it at bn.com, so I suppose only the lucky folks in Canada have access to it. No fair.
__________

UPDATE: I got a copy of the book and wrote a review, with the help of my 7-year-old granddaughter.

3 comments:

Ladytink_534 said...

It sounds cute!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great plug, Bonnie! My name is Allison and I work for Barbara's publisher Groundwood Books. The book is available in the US through good independent booksellers and library wholesalers like Baker & Taylor. We also sell it online through our website www.groundwoodbooks.com. Hope you'll check us out!

Anonymous said...

This really appeals to my love of nursery rhyme and my inclination towards recycling (using and reusing what's right in front of you).