Wednesday, January 9, 2008

But first a story from our sponsor.....

Soccer Mom in Denial selected January 10th as Day to Read with this comment: "And, according to research, did you know that reading books is linked to civic engagement?" Wait, I already blogged about that!

Today I want you to read what Soccer Mom in Denial said about discovering whodunnit in the wonderful book she was reading "deep under the covers, way past my bedtime."

Umm, and I'm here to remind you that tomorrow ... yes, TOMORROW, Thursday, January 10th ... is the day we're supposed to "take time one day in January to stop blogging - for the entire day or part of the day - and use the blogging time to read. A book. A magazine. A newspaper. ... Then on Friday, January 11th, write a bit about what you read."

Dewey and others have said they'll be reading ... of course, they'll be reading ... because some of us are readers who read every day. But take this as a challenge to blog about something you don't normally mention, like what you read in a magazine or what that newspaper article was all about that made you read it all the way to the end.

I personally need to write several reviews, but first I'll write about something you may not have expected me to read. Shh, don't bother me tomorrow. I'll be reading.

.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Does it count that I'm reading my own manuscript? ;-)
Actually, in between doing that I'm reading a "channeled" book, which is making me both frown and smile and Finding Violet Park - a teen novel - which is a delight - Violet Park, I should add, is dead - and in an urn - forgotten on the shelf in a taxi company, having been left behind three years ago in a mini-cab.