Saturday, October 20, 2007

Dewey's mid-event survey

We’re halfway through the Read-a-thon now, and here’s a survey for you to take in your own blogs, if you like. You can just treat it like any other meme, only there’s no need to tag anyone. Leave me a comment on any of the posts letting me know if you’re participating, so you can be eligible for the drawing for the prize!

1. What are you reading right now?
Angels of a Lower Flight, still.

2. How many books have you read so far?
Parts of two books, though the German book was only to meet a mini-challenge.

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
Something besides what I've been reading, though I would like to finish that one and move on to something else.

4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?
No, I didn't plan anything else for today.

5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
The only interruptions to my cheerleading today was *darn* stopping to read for a couple of hours or so ... and choosing to do all the mini-challenges I could.

6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
That the hours just click over ... we were barely getting into the rhythm of things and suddenly we're halfway through and it's dark outside ... how'd that happen?

7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
Yeah, remind me to sign up as a reader, 'cause that's what I really am! One reader got it right ... made a comfy nest in her bed and settled down to read with her cat asleep up against her thigh ... sounds perfect to me.

8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?
First, be a reader and, second, read while propped up on cushions and pillows rather than sit so long at my computer! No, no, that's not right ... I've had fun being a cheerleader and dashing from blog to blog. I did, however, think I was going to visit all readers several times, but what with doing the mini-challenges, I've been lured from my cheerleading duties and haven't quite gotten around to every reader once, yet.

9. Are you getting tired yet?
My back is, but I'm still having fun. I'll probably have to take a reading break soon, though.

10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?
Just keep on keeping on! 'Cause I'm cheering for you!! Rah-rah-rah, go-go-go, you can do it!!!

4 comments:

Dewey said...

Stretch! Or maybe take a nice, hot reading-break bath! Because we don't want you hurting yourself with all those flips and cartwheels we know you're doing in your living room in a teensy tiny cheerleader skirt.

Bonnie Jacobs said...

I have tried and tried to publish a picture of myself doing cheers but, for some reason, blogger blocks it ... probably because I'm a bit overweight for this skimpy costume! And who the heck enjoys seeing old women bouncing around? I'll try again, even if I have to close all windows and re-boot the computer to make blogger happy.

Kathleen said...

Great answers. I just did mine.

Bonnie Jacobs said...

Nope, not even shutting down the computer helped. Blogger says: "We are aware and currently working to fix the image uploading issue." Better hurry! I need to upload my cheerleading picture.