Friday, March 23, 2018

Beginning ~ by leaving home

"There are two kinds of people in the world, those who leave home, and those who don't.  I'm a proud member of the first category."
An American Marriage ~ by Tayari Jones, 2018, fiction (Louisiana)
Newlyweds Celestial and Roy are the embodiment of both the American Dream and the New South.  He is a young executive, and she is an artist on the brink of an exciting career.  But as they settle into the routine of their life together, they are ripped apart by circumstances neither could have imagined.  Roy is arrested and sentenced to twelve years for a crime Celestial knows he didn’t commit.  Though fiercely independent, Celestial finds herself bereft and unmoored, taking comfort in Andre, her childhood friend, and best man at their wedding.  As Roy’s time in prison passes, she is unable to hold on to the love that has been her center.  After five years, Roy’s conviction is suddenly overturned, and he returns to Atlanta ready to resume their life together.


Gilion at Rose City Reader hosts Book Beginnings on Fridays. Click here for today's Mister Linky.

5 comments:

Sassy Brit @ Alternative-Read.com said...

Hi Bonnie!

I've seen this one doing it's rounds and find it pretty intriguing! Good cover too. Appealing!

Here's my featured book for this week: http://bit.ly/CherylButlerFF

Happy weekend! ;)

Kathy Martin said...

This sounds like an interesting story. I hope you are enjoying it. I'm featuring Falling Star by Terri Osburn - a romance from my review stack - this week. Happy reading!

Anne@HeadFullofBooks said...

I think a third category could be those who leave home and then return to live off their parents! Ha! My Friday Quotes

Lisa Ks Book Reviews said...

I'll admit, I am one of the proud ones who lived at home for some time. Every time I was ready to make my move, my Mom would tell me I could go but I had to leave my computer. LOL The was over 29 years ago and it was my computer. That was a deal breaker! LOL I would love for you and your readers to check out mine! https://tinyurl.com/LisaKsBookReviews32318

Lauren Stoolfire said...

I've seen this one making the rounds. Happy reading!

Lauren @ Always Me