Sunday, September 26, 2010

Kiki's Caturday ~ finally

So it's no longer Saturday. It's not my fault! Bonnie had to post all that stuff about Banned Books Week, on this blog and on her Banned Books blog. Then she read all the book blogs she likes to read. And then, after all that, she used the computer to grade papers and answer emails from her writing students. Just thinking about it made me tired, so I had to take a long nap. When a neighbor dropped by, I couldn't use the computer because I was too busy schmoozing and trying to get treats and attention. Then it was bed time. So my Caturday is today, no matter what the calendar says.

This is the book I told you about last week.  I've read a lot more of it now.  I got to a chapter or two where the author (Vicki Myron) told us the history of her town:  Spencer, Iowa.  I wanted to know about Dewey, the library cat, not about her town.  But then I got it.  Dewey made a difference to the whole town.  Everything was going downhill (do they even have hills in Iowa?) and farmers were losing their farms.  Towns were dying.  People were moving away.  Then came Dewey, and people began to smile again.  Hurray for Dewey!  Then I began to wonder how he knew people needed to laugh and smile?  Maybe it was just the usual cat-ness at work.  You know, where we make you people happy because we allow you to hold us while we sleep or encourage you to feed us or act so happy about being given catnip that you can't help laughing.  Maybe that's it.  Whatever.  Dewey made people happy.

More next week.

Kiki, signing off

2 comments:

Helen's Book Blog said...

Kiki, this is definitely a book I need to get (what with working in a Library and all)...

Anonymous said...

You work in a library? Yeah, get the book! You'll like it. Especially if you like cats.

Signed,
Kiki Cat