Saturday, September 11, 2010

Kiki Caturday ~ animal books

I looked over the books in our house and the books Bonnie has reviewed online.  Bad news.  We don't have enough animal books.  I did find a few, if you call a goose an "animal," but I am not sure the animals in these books are the main characters.  Here's what we had on shelves I could reach:
Animal Dreams by Barbara Kingsolver
The Goose Girl by Shannon Hall
Dances with Wolves by Michael Blake
The Last Report on the Miracles at Little No Horse by Louise Erdrich
Wolves are too much like dogs, and I have to listen to those barking dogs who live next door.  Horses are too big for me!  When I lived with Carol, before Bonnie and I became friends, I lived with three horses, two dogs, and a bird who lived in a cage.  A goose is just a silly bird, so I'm not interested in that book.  Okay, I guess I'll start reading Animal Dreams.

I hope the book has some cat dreams in it.  Maybe some day I'll tell you about my dreams.  I have some really great dreams!  Have you read Animal Dreams?  Is it any good?  What kind of animals are in it?  (Besides human animals, I mean.)  Any cats?

Oh, no! I didn't notice the book about wolves has a picture of horses on it.  But that's okay.  I don't want to read about horses anyway.

Kiki Cat, signing off

3 comments:

Bonnie Jacobs said...

Kiki, you can't put YOUR profile picture above mine on the sidebar. This is "BONNIE's Books."

Anonymous said...

Can, too. Already did it.

Signed,
Kiki Cat

Helen's Book Blog said...

Good choice Kiki! Animal Dreams is one of my all-time favorites!