Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Is this octogenarian a bag lady?

Word of the Day #1

octogenarian / aak·tuh·juh·neh'·ree·uhn / noun = a person who is between 80 and 89 years old.  Example:  Although I am an octogenarian, I have not seen, heard, or thought of that word in years.  I read somewhere that an octogenarian is a chronologically-gifted person in their eighties.  This photo was taken back when I was ONLY 80 years old.

Word of the Day #2

bag la·dy /ˈbaɡ ˌlādē/ noun INFORMAL = a homeless woman who carries her possessions in shopping bags.  Example:  Yes, I'm sure you already know what a bag lady is, but it occurred to me that I, too, am a bag lady.  What?!?  Yep, I just happen to be a bookbag lady.  My bag, of course, is a bookbag.  Here's one of my book bags, which is the bag my library uses to deliver books to me and the other elderly folks who live at the Crown Center.  (Now I wonder if my handle should be "bookbag lady"?)

Word of the Day #3

han·dle /ˈhandəl / noun =  slang, a person's nickname or username, as on a social media website.  Example:  Being known by the handle of bookbag lady makes sense to me.

No comments: