Friday, January 5, 2024

Hazel and Bonnie . . . Happiness Is . . .

This little dog is Hazel, and she likes me — can you tell?

Hazel comes running when she sees me.  She often jumps in my lap or let's me take her leash from Alyssa so we can run together.  Okay, so I'm running with a Rollator and my hands are safely on the brakes, but it's running, sort of.  We're going fast, anyway.

Late yesterday, I was sitting in the empty Café talking to Fay when Hazel, on her way out for a walk, spotted me.  In the photo on the left, she is telling me she likes me.  (See that kiss?)  In the photo on the right, she listened carefully as I told her she's such a good girl.

By the way, Alyssa took these photos and came up with the title of this blog post.

The iconic phrase "happiness is a warm puppy" debuted when this Peanuts strip by Charles M. Schulz was first published on April 25, 1960.

1 comment:

Helen's Book Blog said...

There is nothing quite like the unconditional love of a puppy/dog (or cat). How wonderful that you get both.