Friday, March 1, 2019

Mindful March 2019

Click on calendar to enlarge it.
I found this month's calendar by searching for "calendar" on the Action for Happiness (AfH) web site.  Here are the first seven days of March.

March 1
~ Start today by appreciating that you're alive and have a body.
March 2
~ Get outside and notice five things that are beautiful.
March 3
~ Cultivate a feeling of loving-kindness towards others today.
March 4
~ Stay fully present while drinking your cup of tea or coffee.
March 5
~ Every hour simply take three calm breaths in and out.
March 6
~ Eat mindfully.  Appreciate the taste, texture, and smell of your food.
March 7
~ Listen to how you speak to yourself.  Try to use kind words.

"The best way to take care of the future is to take
care of the present moment." ~ Thich Nhat Hanh

2 comments:

Helen's Book Blog said...

Now that I'm on Twitter I see the "task" each morning there. I still love the idea of these calendars even if I don't do it every day.

Bonnie Jacobs said...

I agree. Just reading them, even out of order, keeps these "tasks" (as you call them) on my mind and keeps me thinking and doing positive things. So far, I haven't found anyone besides me who reads them on the 6th floor bulletin board beside the elevators, but I'm still putting the calendars there. Maybe it makes a difference to someone occasionally, even if they are visitors.