Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Nielsen ratings ~ Wednesday Wondering

I wonder how much it skews their statistics when Nielsen chooses to give a gift basket to someone who does NOT have a television, informing her they will be regularly checking for updates every couple of months for the next two or three years?  The woman who delivered the gifts said finding someone with NO television is a first for her, after ten years on the job, but she cannot change who gets the basket.  This non-TV person now represents 2,300 people.  Are there 2,300 people in this area who are without a television?  I wonder if they expect her to run out and buy a TV.  Oh, you want to know what the gift includes?
  • Charles Chips
  • Cracker Barrel Crackers
  • Cracker Barrel's triangle game
  • Peppermint sticks
  • Lemon sticks
  • Awful tasting red twists
  • Sanded lemon drops
Hmm, makes me wonder who exactly is sponsoring this.  Ha!

2 comments:

Helen's Book Blog said...

Nielsen gives out gift baskets?! I've only ever gotten the surveys to fill out and a $1 bill for my efforts. :-)

Michelle said...

A lady with a basket appeared at our door, too, may years back. No cable here, and no antenna which meant...not much TV watched. But in the end, we let them follow us. After I didn't "sign in" for a month there was a call....was I dead? had I moved? Nope, just not turned the thing on in 6 weeks. The form they mailed had options for not watching that included prison and death, but nothing about just not caring to watch.