Tuesday, October 13, 2015

TWO comments ~ on TWOsday

Joy @ Joy's Book Blog posted today:
"Welcome to Readers’ Workouts, the weekly event where book lovers share workout stories, goals, successes, and challenges.  On Sunday, we lugged all the luggage upstairs and attempted a practice pack for our trip to Cuba.  By the time I was done running around the house to find what we needed, FitBit reported that I climbed 61 floors of steps.  I just looked up the tallest building in St. Louis — it’s One Metropolitan Square with 42 stories.  So, I could have climbed to the top on Sunday and still had energy for more.  Of course, the tallest structure in St. Louis is the Arch.  The FAQ page says that it’s 63 stories tall. If I’d known that on Sunday, I would have climbed from the basement to the second floor one more time just to say that I climbed to the top of the Arch."
I left Joy this comment:
Being still fairly new to St. Louis, it was fun to read about the tallest building here.  And you almost “climbed” to the top of the Arch on Sunday, in a manner of speaking!  I’m impressed.  And what a fun comparison.
Unprocessed: My City-Dwelling Year of Reclaiming Real Food ~ by Megan Kimble, 2015

Linda @ Silly Little Mischief chose a Tuesday Teaser from this book:
"For most of its early history-for at least the last three thousand years-chocolate was consumed in liquid form, usually prepared by brewing ground cacao in hot water, much like coffee today. It was a bitter brew, one drunk to invigorate rather than to indulge." (p. 63).
I left Linda this comment:
I bought this book for my Kindle, and it doesn't tell me page numbers.  Instead, it has 5790 "locations."  I don't even know how many pages the "real book" has, but I decided to see if I could find the quote you shared.  YES!!!  It didn't take long for me to find it, based on where I figured page 63 of a "regular" book would be.  I found it at "Loc 1180 of 5790," according to the bottom of the page.
To satisfy my curiosity, I looked up the number of "book" pages on Amazon.  The paperback version has 352 pages, and the Kindle version has 1064 KB.  I wonder about that, as in, how does one convert KBs to "locations" or vice versa?  There doesn't seem to be a hardback version of this book at all.

No comments: