Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Readers' Workouts ~ second week of my exercise class

Readers' Workouts is hosted by Joy's Book Blog.
Yesterday morning, I took a friend from my neighborhood to my exercise class.  Much later, after a long day together, she marveled at my stamina.  She was exhausted, and I was still bouncing around in my seat across the table from her over a meal.  I asked myself if that's because I have a whole week's advantage over her, meaning two extra one-hour exercise classes.  Okay, I'll quit patting myself on the back and tell the WHOLE truth.  We had spent a couple of hours visiting her husband in rehab where he's been since early July after chemo for acute leukemia and a stroke that took away the use of his left side.  Her lack of energy has more to do with emotional exhaustion than anything else.

Nevertheless, I have to say that I'm enjoying the classes and feel energized by doing the exercises.  Next time, on Friday, I'll try to remember to take a picture of either our exercise area or get someone to photograph me.  At least it would "prove" I'm working on this exercise stuff.

1 comment:

Joy said...

Cool that you're already feeling more energetic! That's one of the best benefits of exercise for me.

Joy's Book Blog

P.S. Did you get me email this weekend?