Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Earth Day ~ 2014

My youngest grandchild was born on Earth Day in 2000, so she is 14 years old today.  I want the earth to be a healthy, safe place for her and her children and grandchildren and great-grandchildren.  We need to take care of the world we live in there's no alternative for us.  "Your work," said the Buddha, "is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it."

Have we tampered with it and treated it as an object?  Yes, but is it too late to make it right?  I certainly hope not.  Buddha and Lao Tzu in his Tao Te Ching were concerned about our world.  So were Native Americans.

I don't have anything special planned to celebrate Earth Day this year.  Maybe I'll hug a tree.  How will you spend Earth Day this year?  How can we help save our earth?

No comments: