Saturday, March 24, 2012

Saturday Snapshot ~ my dad

This is a 1945 photo of my dad, William Elmer Setliffe, Jr.  He was probably 26, since his 27th birthday would have been in October.  The bronze plaque at the church where I grew up showed that the organ was "dedicated in honor of those who served in World War II."

I also took a close-up so I could read my dad's name.

Not having taken any interesting photos lately, I hadn't planned to post a snapshot this week.  Then I saw that Helen @ Helen's Book Blog had pulled out an old one of her (very young) parents.  Thanks for the inspiration, Helen!

Saturday Snapshot is a meme hosted by Alyce from At Home With Books.  To participate, post a photo taken by you (or a friend or family member).  Your photo can be old or new, as long as its subject is appropriate for all eyes to see.  Check out snapshots others are sharing this week.

7 comments:

Trish said...

What a wonderful tribute to your dad.

Helen's Book Blog said...

I love anything WWII and especially seeing memorials, etc

Alyce said...

What a nice tribute to your dad!

Brona said...

That's very special and moving. Thank you for sharing.

Cathy said...

I sometimes think I love old photos more than new ones. Thanks for sharing!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Bonnie -- that is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful photo! And I agree with Cathy, above--sometimes old photos are the best!