Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year

Sammy and I welcomed in the new year together.  Donna (her person) is working, and Kiki (my cat) is being punished by having to stay in our bedroom with the door closed.  Earlier in the evening, Kiki decided her own supper wasn't enough — so she went in Sammy's room and ate half her food and pooped in Sammy's litter box.  As you can probably tell by the alarmed look on Sammy's face when I got close with my cell phone camera, she isn't exactly a cuddly cat.  She likes her space, except when she chooses to let Donna pet her.  She rarely lets me near her, but tonight she chose to be in the living room with me.  Just the two of us.

Have you made any New Year's resolutions?  What are your hopes for this year?  I wish you the very best.

3 comments:

Helen's Book Blog said...

Sammy's two-tone face is wild! I just read Dewey, about the Iowa library cat so have cats on the brain.

Happy New Year!

Bonnie Jacobs said...

Do you remember that Kiki recommended the book Dewey to you last year?

http://bonniesbooks.blogspot.com/2010/09/kikis-caturday-finally.html

I don't know whether you read what she wrote the week before about the book. She also compared Dewey's living in the library to her own time spent being the bookstore cat.

http://bonniesbooks.blogspot.com/2010/09/caturday-collaboration.html

Jan said...

Happy New Year, Bonnie! I'll be back later today to read about your books of 2011.