Monday, January 23, 2012

Chinese New Year ~ Dragon


The Chinese Year of the Dragon began at midnight.  It's my year, folks!  I was born in the Year of the Dragon.  It's one of twelve signs, which means it comes around every twelve years.  Having been born in 1940, this is my sixth new dragon year since I was born.  In April, I'll be 72.  Here one of my favorite dragon photos:


The first day of the Chinese New Year – which began at midnight on January 23, 2012 – is the most important of Chinese holidays.  This evening, two friends and I are going to eat Chinese.  I'll be wearing red, the lucky color.  Here's one more dragon photo.  I love these lights!

1 comment:

Helen's Book Blog said...

Congratulations on your year beginning! My daughter is also year of the dragon, and even cooler, she was born in the year of the Golden Dragon (2000).