Thursday, November 24, 2011

At my Thanksgiving table

Wouldn't it be great to have, say, a dozen of my favorite authors around my Thanksgiving table?  Even better, I'd love to have them visit one at a time, so I could have a real conversation with each one.  On this Thanksgiving Day, these are the twelve I'm thankful for — in alphabetical order.


Barbara Cooney
(August 6, 1917 – March 10, 2000)






(November 29, 1918 – September 6, 2007)





As you can tell by the dates under their names, I won't get to sit down with Barbara Cooney and Madeleine L'Engle.

4 comments:

Beth Kephart said...

I am truly honored, Bonnie!! What a gang of lady writers we would make. Thank you and happy Thanksgiving to you.

Serena said...

Wow, what an impressive list of authors at this table. Beth is in good company.

Janisse Ray said...

Bonnie, I've just seen this post & Thanksgiving is long over. I hope one day to sit down & have a conversation with you as well. Thank you for inviting me to be part of a special day.

Bonnie Jacobs said...

Janisse, I talked to you for a couple of minutes when you were in Chattanooga about a decade ago. I hope you clicked on your name and found that I've written about your books before:
http://bonniesbooks.blogspot.com/2010/09/adding-author-to-my-list.html