Saturday, March 1, 2008

What she said ... is chilling

We had joy, we had fun…
You see a gate, standing in a field. I see history and memories and hear voices all around me, floating through time. What was still is, what is, always was. Then is now, now is then. The unending cycle of incomprehension and arrogance continues. Nothing really changes.
This is Vanilla's most recent post. It's poetry, but it isn't ... it's powerful, it's chilling, but most of all, it is evocative. The words "we had joy, we had fun" brought back the song, which hasn't crossed my mind in years, in decades. Listen to the song; then go feel the words Vanilla wrote today.



If this video quits working, listen to Seasons in the Sun on YouTube.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Bonnie, I've put a link from my post to yours - and suggested that if people like, they write about the gate, since it seems to evoke thoughts and memories and feelings in a few.

Unknown said...

Bonnie, thanks for your comment. You may be interested to read this interview by another South African writer, writing crime fiction by way of dealing with more ghosts.
In case the link doesn't work the url is:
http://www.absolutewrite.com/novels/margie_orford.htm

Teddy Rose said...

I just tagged you for a meme. Come out and play.

Monique said...

I've just been there and it was most beautiful

Jon M said...

Had to stop listening! A truly sad song, I'd forgotten about it!

Bookfool said...

Oh, boy, that was a mistake. Not a good thing to watch when someone you know is going downhill fast.