Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Smugshrug ~ or shruggie

Have you ever seen (or used) this cute little emoji?  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's called a "smugshrug" or a "shruggie."  Learn more about it in this extremely short 2014 article, which says:
"The emoji, of sorts, can mean anything from IDGAF to IDK or even a simple whatever."
Even the first time I saw it, I could tell it combined a shrug and a crooked smile.  It seemed like a no-brainer to me, something requiring little or no thought.  I learned it in context, the way we learn most words.  I like it.  What do you think?

By the way, you can't type it with just any ole computer.  It can be complicated, and there are articles telling you how to make it.  I simply copied-and-pasted it here:

This photo of the emoji spelled out with French fries at Denny's is from the same little article.

No comments: