Friday, May 28, 2010

Book sale!

I'll be selling books tomorrow at our annual neighborhood yard sale. This sign was the small one beside the back entrance to our bookstore, and I've already put it out in front of my house because BOOKS are the big deal in my yard.  Oops!  It just started raining here (at 11:00 on Friday morning), and it's supposed to rain again tomorrow.  Luckily, I have a covered front porch for the books -- if anyone goes out shopping.  Here's what I'm sending out on our neighborhood listserv:

Multi-family yard sale at 4603 St. Elmo Ave.
 
Large selection of Books (hardbacks and paperbacks),
CHRISTMAS decorations, HOUSEHOLD items,
hand-crafted FABRIC purses, afghans and KNIT items,
Nikkormat SLR camera, COMFORTER SET with dust ruffle, etc.

Look for the Book Buddies sign in front of the house.


~~~ Y'all come!  Meet the Book Buddies
~~~ between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. on Saturday, May 29th.
~~~ Bonnie, Donna, Emily, and Halle

2 comments:

Susan Tidwell said...

How did your book sale go? Have a great weekend!

Bonnie Jacobs said...

Okay, I guess, though I decided my aching back meant it wasn't worth it. Lifting boxes of books and other heavy stuff is very hard on backs! With four of us selling a variety of items (mine being mostly books), we had a pretty good number of people who stopped to browse. I immediately sold two chairs -- even before I got all the books out of the house for the sale.

I did add one teacher to our book club roster, though she emailed to say she can't get the book in time for this month's discussion.