Friday, March 21, 2008

My NEW book rating guide

Updated 3-24-14 to add one caveat:  These numbers from 2008 are all based on how much I personally enjoyed the book.  I can't judge for anyone else, so my ratings are completely subjective.  As a matter of fact, if I re-read a book, my opinion may very well change, based on what's going on in my life at that point.

10 ~ Loved it!!  Couldn't put it down!!
9 ~ Excellent!
8 ~ Very Good
7 ~ Good
6 ~ Above Average
5 ~ Average
4 ~ Struggled to finish, but not worth it
3 ~ Annoying ~ a waste of time
2 ~ Poor ~ one I abandoned
1 - Pitiful!
0 ~ Awful!!  Don't bother

* DNF ~ Did Not Finish ~ discarded the book as a total waste of time

Updated 3-29-19:  For a few years I tried eliminating anything below five (5/10) by using "Nah" as a rating.  I tried "Not My Cuppa" (with "tea" implied) a few times.  Now I'm back to my original numbers because I just finished a book that needs that three (3/10) rating.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like the new ratings...though I'm apt to keep 0-Awful, Don't Bother.

Zowie, you're already finished with Sacred Scroll??!! I'm about 1/3 through. The short...really short ...chapters keep it moving along but I've only been reading it on the run so to speak. I'm enjoying it so far. Did you just rate or did you write a critique about it too?

Bookfool said...

LOL! Love it! I wouldn't have thought to just ditch the lower ratings, but it makes sense to me. :)

Bonnie Jacobs said...

No, not finished with Secret Scroll, not yet. Are you looking at my sidebar and the book BELOW it that says, "Finished"? (Maybe I need to re-arrange my sidebar!)