Sunday, December 17, 2023

Another cozy mystery

Nursing A Grudge (Book 4 of 15: A Maternal Instincts Mystery) ~ by Diana Orgain, 2015, cozy mystery, 190 pages, 6/10
Kate Connolly would like nothing more than to cuddle with her new baby, except to solve her next case and become a bona fide P.I.  She gets her chance when San Francisco’s hottest critic writes a particularly scathing review about the trendy new restaurant, Philosophie.  The critic’s boyfriend falls to his death under mysterious circumstances from Painted Rock Cliff, and Kate fears that the restaurant critic may be targeted next.
I found this cozy mystery on the Kindle that I inherited from my friend Donna and decided to read it in spite of it being the fourth of fifteen books in a series, with none of the others on the Kindle.  The author mentions too many people on every page, sometimes five or six.  I had a hard time keeping all the characters straight in my mind.
Deb at Readerbuzz hosts Sunday Salon.

2 comments:

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I'm sorry this cozy was a bust for you. Maybe the author assumed you'd read the previous books and that you would be familiar with all the characters. Still, the author should ease a new reader in, I think.

Bonnie Jacobs said...

H9, Deb, it wasn't that I didn't know the characters. She just included "millions" on every page, even if they weren't in that scene.