Saturday, October 24, 2020

Caturday ~ my first kitty cat


Clawdia was so happy when it warmed up enough Thursday to open the windows to the sunny day.  She jumped up into her favorite window to bathe herself.  And that, dear readers, is my perfect segue into what I want to share today.

Word of the Day
se·gue / ˈseˌɡwā,ˈsāˌɡwā / Used as a verb = (in music and film) move without interruption from one piece of music or scene to another.  Example:  "It segued into another subject."  Used as a noun = an uninterrupted transition from one piece of music or film scene to another.  (Or in this case, from one subject to a similar one in my blog post.)
Among the things I brought back from my storage unit in Chattanooga last year was my Baby Book, the one my mother had so carefully kept about me, her first child.  This is what she wrote (see photo at top) about my first pets (plural, as she kept adding to the list):
  • Her first pet is a kitty cat named "Tiger."  She got him July 1942.
  • She had a dog named "Scrappy" but he either ran away or someone took him when Bitsy was two and a half.
  • She got a white Bunny for easter when her birthday was the day after easter and she was three years old.  We didn't have a proper place to keep it so her daddy took it back to it mother on Mother's day.  We kept it about three weeks.  Bitsy called it "Bunny."
So I had a kitty cat when I was two, a dog when I was two-and-a-half, and a bunny when I was three.  And I guess you figured out that my nickname was Bitsy, huh?  And that is why, when a high school English teacher had us write our autobiographies in high school, I chose the title Bits of Bonnie.  And I still love animals, like little Miss Clawdia.

No comments: