Monday, October 8, 2018

Notorious RBG

"Frat boy Kavanaugh will have to face the icy glare of the Notorious RBG at least once a week for his days on SCOTUS until we impeach him."

I took part of the words from a meme on Facebook, but couldn't simply share the whole thing because of the words I would never use.  This is the gist of it, the part that matters.  Will he be impeached?  I doubt it, but maybe.

I watched the documentary "RBG" on Saturday about Ruth Bader Ginsburg developing a legal legacy and also becoming a pop culture icon.  I read somewhere that she bought a bunch of Notorious RBG tee-shirts and gives them to her friends.  I love it!

Last year, I got a couple of books about her from the library:
  • I Dissent: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Makes Her Mark ~ by Debbie Levy, illustrated by Elizabeth Baddeley, 2016, children's
  • Notorious RBG: The Life and Times of Ruth Bader Ginsburg ~ by Irin Carmon and Shana Knizhnik, 2015, biography

1 comment:

Helen's Book Blog said...

I thought the documentary on Ginsberg was really good on many levels: her as a person; the history of women in law; and her impact on that law. I also love that she has a cult following and has embraced it.