Friday, October 12, 2018

Beginning ~ with celebrity chefs

Who Cooked the Last Supper? : The Women's History of the World ~ by Rosalind Miles, 1986, 2001, history
Who cooked the Last Supper?  If it had been a man, wouldn't he have a saint's day by now, with a fervent following of celebrity chefs?  Questions like this got me into trouble from my earliest schooldays, when it seemed that all history, like everything else in the world, belonged to men.
I bought this for my Kindle quite some time ago, but until I started looking to see if I'd mentioned it here on my blog, I didn't realize I once had the ORIGINAL version in hand, back in 2014:  The Women's History of the World.  Did I buy it?  Did I borrow it from the library?  Did I read it?  It isn't on my shelf with other books on women's issues, but I moved a couple of months after I posted about the book in late March, so it could still be in a box somewhere, if I own it.  My guess is, though, that I borrowed it from the library.  Wow!  So now I get to read it on my Kindle in all its original glory!  The author says it has now been published the way she wrote it, humor and all, because "the subject is far too serious not to joke about" (loc. 103).


Gilion at Rose City Reader hosts Book Beginnings on Fridays.  Click here for today's Linky.

No comments: