Friday, January 24, 2014

New Year's Resolution Reading Challenge ~ update

Although I added a few extra steps to this reading challenge hosted by Joy Weese Moll @ Joy's Book Blog, I haven't reached even the goal of four she suggested.  Here are her four, my three, and my progress climbing the ladder.  Notice I've only managed to review one of the three books I've finished reading.

Resolved:  1 book
✓  Evolving in Monkey Town ~ by Rachel Held Evans, 9/10
Determined:  2 books
✓  Whistling in the Dark ~ by Frederick Buechner, 8/10
Committed:  3 books
✓  Knocking on Heaven's Door ~ by Katy Butler, 9/10 
Passionate:  4 books
Ardent:  5 books
Fervent:  6 books
Ridiculously addicted:  7 books

How far will I go this month?  I think two more books.  I'm close to finishing Zealot by Reza Aslan, and  Help, Thanks, Wow by Anne Lamott is a relatively short book.  Barring something unforeseen, I'll definitely reach "passionate" and possibly my added level of "ardent."  Wish me reading luck.

Obviously, with only one week to go, I won't reach the level of "ridiculously addicted."  As I look at the books I thought I'd be reading, I see one has changed completely.  Instead of Embracing the Human Jesus by David Galston, my face-to-face group has decided to read Twelve Steps to a Compassionate Life by Karen Armstrong (2010), which I'm also reading with my Book Buddies online.

1 comment:

Joy said...

Lots of good reading there! I have one book I haven't started yet, but it's very short, so I'm still hopeful of reaching my goal.