Sunday, December 22, 2013

Sunday Salon ~ new baby, quilt, and books

Now I have a photo of Shelby, my newest great-granddaughter, who was born December 13th.  I told you about her last week in my double birthday post.

And her big brother Jaxon, age three, is ready for Christmas.

Raegan, my four-year-old great-granddaughter, was in a children's Christmas program this week.  She's third from the right, the one in pink.  (Click to enlarge any of these photos.)

QUILT

I already got a Christmas gift.  On Wednesday evening, my daughter Sandra made potato soup for us and gave me something very special.  Here I am holding it.

In the second photo, I'm showing the backing with the label Sandra added:
"Coming Full Circle"
Made for my mom, Bonnie Jacobs,
while remembering the quilt she gave to me
at my high school graduation in 1978,
by Sandra H____
Merry Christmas 2013

The quilt I gave her 35 years ago is still on her bed, still being used.

BOOKS

I've completed one book for my reading challenge:  Evolving in Monkey Town: How a Girl Who Knew All the Answers Learned to Ask the Questions is a memoir by Rachel Held Evans (2010).  I rate it 9 of 10, an excellent book.  You can see the thoughts my online book club has had about the book, as we discussed it during November and December.

Currently reading:  Whistling in the Dark: A Doubter's Dictionary by Frederick Buechner (1993).

P.S.
Today is my maternal grandmother's birthday.  Inez Geneva Underwood Reynolds (1880-1943) was born 133 years ago on this day.
The Sunday Salon's Facebook page links to other blogs.

4 comments:

Susan Tidwell said...

love the quilt! and the saying on the label! enjoy

Anonymous said...

Great photos. Merry Christmas and a joyous New Year Bonnie.

Helen's Book Blog said...

Your new great granddaughter is so precious, what a wonderful newborn photo!

And I love the quilt story and that your daughter included the dedication on the back of it. What a wonderful way to start the holidays!

Emily said...

Love the quilt and the sentiment on the label.