Saturday, November 3, 2007

NaNoWriMo ~ report

In two days I wrote 3,337 words, exactly three words over and beyond the minimum of 3,334 needed (at 1,667 per day) to make it to my 50,000 word goal by 11:59 pm on November 30th. However, on this third day of the month, I have looked over those 3,337 words and found it all to be conspicuously egregious! (Well, those were Roary's words when he snorted near my ear earlier today. Unfortunately, I agree with him.) Now what? I have also thought of a two-part problem that may "fix" the faults before this novel runs into a ditch ... and I may be able to salvage some of what I've written. Probably a lot of it. Maybe. Gotta see what happens next. Gotta get busy writing.

Today I have been inspired by Absolute Vanilla, who has discovered a thinking toaster who reflects its thoughts! Yes, indeedy, one must consider all angles when trying to write a novel. If an errant toaster is helpful, so much the better! And thanks again to Ab Vanilla for this idea: "Bonnie - there'd be a great children's story in the magic toaster with thoughts of its own..." I took a look at my toaster, painted white, and it doesn't seem to have a mind of its own at all. Oh, well.

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Congrats!! I really wish I had the time to do this. Actually, I would probably chicken out. But I think it would be great. I can't wait to see what you've been writing!

Bonnie Jacobs said...

You missed it Stephanie. I've been writing "conspicuously egregious" stuff, according to my writing partner Roary the Literary Lion of Lyon, found here:
http://theliterarylionoflyon.blogspot.com/

I don't know who he thinks HE is. He hasn't been writing anything at all lately.

alisonwonderland said...

i'm here for a little cheerleading: go, bonnie, go! :o)

Anonymous said...

Congrats Bonnie!!! That sounds like real progress!

Unknown said...

Keep going, Bonnie, and hope it's going well and that Roary has stopped roaring in your ear and is behaving in a more muselike fashion!

Dewey said...

Good job with the wordcount! I haven't done NaNoWriMo, but I think you're supposed to just WRITE and let lions and/or other creatures critique/edit later!