Thursday, November 8, 2007

Just for the record.....

I'm a little bit behind, but today's word count moved me considerably closer to being on target for making the 50,000 words by the end of November. Oh, for those of you who don't know, I'm a part of National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) for the first time. We try to write a 50,000-word rough draft FROM SCRATCH during the thirty days of this single month. I have almost 11,000 words now. The main thing keeping me going is the agony of having to admit defeat after telling all of you I'm doing this. Really. And that is part of the strategy. I can't quit because I'd have to face YOU. Therefore, I'll make it to 50,000 words, won't I? Yes, I'm determined.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Of course, you'll make it! Go, Bonnie, Go!
:-)

Susan Tidwell said...

You can do it! We are all waiting anxiously to read your great novel, look out Stephen King et al.

Anonymous said...

You'll make it Bonnie!!! Keep up the good work!

CJ said...

Well, at 11:50 last night I was only 350 words (give or take a couple) off goal.

Of course, once it hit midnight, I was again almost 2,000 words off.

I really need to go home this afternoon after work and write!

Remember, the goal is the journey, not just the word count!

cjh

Anonymous said...

I know you can do it, Bonnie. And I can't tell you how much I admire anyone who takes this on. Yay for you!

Dewey said...

Not trying to be less motivating or anytyhing, but I'm impressed with everyone who ever tries it!

Jennifer said...

Go Go Bonnie! I know you'll do it! You're getting to know your characters better each day. May someday soon it be like reading a book in your head and putting it down on paper it comes so naturally. Plus all this practice can only improve your writings.