Thursday, September 27, 2007

Tee-shirts for readers

Thanks to Tricia for this link to Wonder-Shirts! I already have this tee-shirt of Lilly on a stack of books with eight of her best friends, reading, but now I want to get a few more shirts. Maybe I'll have to buy dozens of these shirts, like the one by Edward Gorey below. I love some of these designs! Who else wears bookish tee-shirts? Anyone?

Maybe you don't know many 67-year-olds who wear shirts like this, full of books and reading, but I really DO wear my book shirts, often. One of mine says, "I'm a bookie." Two, of different colors, say BOOK BUDDIES beside a stack of embroidered books ... okay, this was because I owned a bookstore by that name, and I still use the name Book Buddies occasionally. You are invited to check out my newest blog for readers ... Book Buddies.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Bonnie, now you've done it, with that link to Wonder-Shirts! I had vowed not to add any more shirts to my already extensive tee-shirt collection, but I MUST have the Frog and Toad shirt. And, I only have one bookish tee shirt, but now I'm afraid I'm going to have to add a few more!

Nikki in Niagara said...

Those shirts are awesome!

Eva said...

Cute t-shirts!

Unknown said...

Those are brilliant! Very cute.

By the way, I've tagged you for a book meme... :-)

Dewey said...

My favorite book tee shirt has an Emerson quote: Nature and books belong to the eyes that see them. And it has a leaf on it. Hey! A leaf! Books and leaves connected! I wonder if I was subconsciously influenced by that shirt when I named my blog.